Fireside Forest School activities available include:
- free play, rope swings, whittling,
- knife skills and knife lore,
- design and making a wide range of traditional woodland craft products, tree art,
- fire skills, fire lore and fireside cooking, charcoal making,
- shelter making, ecology, wildlife and woodland maintenance,
- tanning and leatherwork
- inventing, team working,
- tracking, hunting skills and hunting lore,
- social skills and communication
Who is it for?
Home educated children of 5 to 16 are welcome. Younger children are sometimes accepted by arrangement and younger siblings also welcome.
When and Where?
- Every Wednesday during the school term we are in the Ancient Wild Woods At Westley Farm, Chalford, Stroud, GL6 8HP.
- We start at 9.30 am in the Glider Cafe layby in Ashton Down, then walk down through the farm to the Forest School site.
- we bring the children back to the layby for pick up at 3.30pm
Cost – we offer a 20% sibling discount.
- Wednesday at Westley Farm -£20 per child per day, and then £15 for each sibling joining the same session.
Children need to come dressed appropriately for the weather with a packed lunch.
Piers is a level 3 trained Forest School Leader and a BACP accredited counsellor and first-aider, with 15 years experience working with young people in a woodland setting. He is also a father of 3 and is fully insured with Birnbeck Insurance.
The sessions are always supported by a female qualified assistant practioner and often an apprentice or Teenage Mentor.