Fireside Forest School activities available include:
- free play, rope swings, whittling,
- knife skills and knife lore,
- design and making a wide range of traditional woodland craft products, tree art,
- fire skills, fire lore and fireside cooking, charcoal making,
- shelter making, ecology, wildlife and woodland maintenance,
- tanning and leatherwork
- inventing, team working,
- tracking, hunting skills and hunting lore,
- social skills and communication
Who is it for?
Home educated children of 5 to 16 are welcome. Younger children are sometimes accepted by arrangement and younger siblings also welcome.
When and Where?
- Every Wednesday during the school term we are in the Ancient Wild Woods At Westley Farm, Chalford, Stroud, GL6 8HP.
- We start at 9.30 am in the Glider Cafe layby in Ashton Down, then walk down through the farm to the Forest School site.
- we bring the children back to the layby for pick up at 3.30pm
Cost – we offer a sibling discount.
- Wednesday at Westley Farm -£25 per child per day, and then a discount for each sibling joining the same session.
Children need to come dressed appropriately for the weather with a packed lunch.
Fireside Forest School is an association of artists, craftsmen, therapists, youth workers and Forest School practitioners. The sessions are offered by experienced level 3 qualified Forest School Practitioners and first aiders. All Fireside sessions are fully insured. Meet the team here.
Sessions are often supported by an apprentice or Teenage Mentor.